There are 3 steps to the process:
STEP 1: CLICK HERE to begin your application.
and complete the online application and pay your deposit (or full tuition) to reserve your spot in the program.
STEP 2: Complete your documentation.
- Email the following to email@example.com:
- A copy of your high school transcript showing a GPA above 3.0
- A 200-500 word letter of interest (must be a PDF). The letter for the Pre-Collegiate Program should answer the following questions:
- What in your academic background (AP classes, test results, classroom participation, study habits, etc.) prepares you to participate in this program?
- How will you benefit from this program (i.e. How will it prepare you for future courses, career plans, leadership opportunities, etc.)?
- Please tell us about a facet of your personality that helps you move through your academic life.
- A copy of your passport (International applicants only)
- A copy of your TOEFL score (International applicants only)
- Completing the following items online:
- Complete the Program Enrollment Form - this is a medical release form as well as a place where you tell us about what kind of roommate you would like. It does not require a doctor's visit.
- Enter the information here so that we can apply for your Visa (International applicants only)
- Pay program deposit - issue a secure payment online for $1495. International students have an additional $300 UC Berkeley international application fee.
STEP 3: Selecting your classes.
- We will assist you in selecting the most appropriate and engaging course(s) for you.
- Summer Focus students are automatically eligible for most lower-division courses in sessions C & D. Some courses require prerequisites, and if you feel you are qualified for the class we will work with UC Berkeley to facilitate special approval.
- Pay any outstanding program tuition.
Program fees are all inclusive of everything you will need from the moment you get to campus to the moment you leave with the exception of any books your professors require and pocket money for personal items.
- Session D w/ 3 units: $12,985
- Session C Housing Add On: $1,750.00
- Academic units after the third: $520/unit
- International students will also pay a $300 international fee for UC Berkeley, which includes I20 document support.